Design for Disaster Response is a cross disciplinary conference to share research and actions around approaches to preparing for, and delivering responses to, disaster.
Date and Location
Date: Friday November 13, 2015
Venue: UNSW Australia Michael Crouch Innovation Centre UNSW Sydney, Australia
- Selena Griffith UNSW Art & Design
- Kate Carruthers UNSW School of Computer Science & Engineering
The goal of this conference is to share research, actions and approaches to preparing for, and delivering responses to, disaster. The themes below are indicative but papers, posters and roundtables will be accepted on any disaster related topic.
- Disaster Response
- Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Resilience
- Humanitarian Disaster
- Environmental Disaster
- Medical Disaster
- Engineering for disaster response and resilience
- Technology for disaster response
- Open source technology solutions for disaster response
Abstracts will be peer reviewed and full papers will be published in the conference proceedings. Selected papers will be double blind peer reviewed and published in full in the First Issue of The Asia Pacific Journal of Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Proposal ideas that extend beyond these thematic areas will also be considered.
Abstract Submission Process
- Your abstract (300-500 words, not including references)
- 3 key words to help describe your paper
- 2 references
- A personal biography for up to three (3) presenting authors (50 words per person)
- Email and phone contact details for all authors
Abstracts are accepted on the following conditions:
- Papers must be presented by the authors. Proxies will not be permitted except in an emergency such as illness or misadventure.
- The Committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any paper, symposium, workshop, or Poster.
- The Committee reserves the right to allocate a session time or presentation type, which differs from that applied for.
- Do not include tables, diagrams or graphs in the abstract.
Please send your abstract using Word or PDF format via email to Selena Griffith by 6th September 2015
- Call for papers and posters opens August 6th 2015
- Call for papers closes September 6th 2015
- Notification of acceptance September 15th 2015
- Full papers due October 30th 2015